A variety of volunteer positions are required to make the Nature Valley First Tee Open a success. Scan the list below to find your ideal position and register to volunteer today!
- Caddie Hospitality - register and provide the caddies with information and equipment; staff the hospitality area.
- Communications - Coordinate all communications regarding scoring. May be required to climb ladders and work on elevated platforms.
- Contestant Hospitality – Act as host in contestant hospitality, check credentials.
- Contestant Refreshments – Act as host in the on-course contestant hospitality tents.
- Contestant Transportation - Assist in transporting contestants and the media.
- Corporate Host – Act as host in the corporate sponsor hospitality areas, check credentials.
- Marshal - Promote a positive atmosphere for contestants and spectators, provide gallery control and locate and protect bad shots. Committee requires 3 full days of volunteering.
- Public Safety – Assist with the security of the tournament.
- Spectator & Special Needs Transportation - Assist in transporting spectators and persons with special needs between the parking area and the golf courses.
- Tournament Ambassador – Greet spectators and hand out pairings sheets.
- Volunteer Headquarters – Distribute and sell uniforms to volunteers and assist with the delivery of volunteer lunches.
- Walking Scorer - Walk the course for 18 holes with an assigned foursome, recording each stroke, shot location and lie on a Palm Pilot. Knowledge of the game of golf and golf terminology is required. Attendance at the training session on Thursday of tournament week is mandatory. Committee requires a minimum of two days of volunteering (Friday and Saturday).
- 10th Tee Shuttle – Assist in transporting contestants to and from the 10th tee.